Fellow Foodie: Nikhil Mammen
Lazfan was a little hard to locate without a google map, but once we got there.. this cute little cafe had our hearts with their decor.
Ambiance: The cafe is super cozy with cute interiors. They have really limited seating with some outdoors and some indoors. They also have two chairs cum couches with pillow for you to sit back and enjoy.
Service: Okay, we were invited for a tasting but it was super uncomfortable because of the person serving us. We were on guard at all times as he was looked almost angry. Even at the end when he asked us if we liked our meal, we started telling him and he walked away while we were still talking to him!! How freaking rude!! I believe my visit to Lazfan could have been better if the service was any good. Completely distasteful.
Price: The food is hit or miss so according to that the price is just about okay.
What we had:
- Mozzarella 4 pcs [20AED]: These sticks were yummy! As I a not a big cheese person, the amount of cheese in this was just perfect. Served super hot with stringy cheese and some sauce on the side, we were in love!
- Hummus [22AED]: I love Hummus, but the one I had here was not bad, just that it was a extremely sour. We sourness was over powering the taste of the chickpeas. However, the hummus was extremely creamy and if it was not that sour, I would have absolutely loved it with some hot breads.
- Quinoa [30AED]: I love me some Quinoa, not sure if in the form of a salad though. This salad got mixed feelings from me. It was quite good with the dressing but a lot of flavours were going on and I am not sure if I liked that too much. The presentation was spot on. One thing I dislike is when the goat cheese is too over powering and in this salad – it was not.
- Lazfan Seafood Pasta [40AED]: This was probably the dish that I liked the least from my tasting. The pasta was extremely salty and tasted like some curry. Did not taste like pasta at all. Even thinking about it right now has me upset. The good thing was that the pasta was loaded with various seafood like shrimps, mussels etc. But then again, the shrimp pieces were so salty we did not have finished it.
- Alfredo Pasta with chicken [33AED]: Thankfully, this pasta was extremely yummy! Super creamy and with enough pieces of tender chicken. The quantity of the pasta was quite good and shareable by two. This was one of the best things I had that day!
- Chicken Burger [28AED]: The bun on this bread was so unique, soft and absolutely delicious. I have never had anything like it before – it was different. The burger as a whole had some interesting flavours. It also had some pomegranate with gave it a little sweet and sour flavour. At first I did not like the burger too much but with every bite it grew on me. I would recommend this one to everyone.
- Strawberry Shake [28AED]: I have had way better milkshakes. The milkshake tasted like it was a simple strawberry juice drink. It was not creamy at all and was not sweet enough too.
- Strawberry with Banana Smoothie [22AED]: My partner liked his drink. It was thick and creamy and well balance between the taste of the strawberries and he banana.
- Lugaimat [20AED]: I was excited to try this dish as its been a while since I had some delicious Lugaimat. Sadly, even though it tasted quite good, they were super dense and were not soft. I’ve had some really fluffy and light lugaimat before and compared to that, this did not ‘wow’ me all that much. Taste wise it was quite delectable with some delicious date syrup drizzled on top.
Final Verdict: Lazfan serves some quite decent Emirati food. And like I have said before, I’ve been to places before where the food wasn’t great as such but because the hospitality was so great, my experience was quite good. Lazfan needs to work on their hospitality. Food wise, things were quite decent.
loved; Alfredo Pasta
not so much; Lazfan Seafood Pasta
Find them: 31, 2B Street, Satwa, Dubai
Call them: 04 5509115
Ambience: ♦ ♦ ♦
Pricing: ♦ ♦ ♦
Eating Experience: ♦ ♦ ♦
Over All: ♦ ♦ ♦