Gol Gappa? Nope. BOL Gappa.
Amidst other various restaurants located in Bollywood Parks, Bol Gappa just manages to stand out and make a name for itself. The location is a bit problematic and you can’t just simply wake up one morning and wish to eat from here – you need to make a whole day out of it. 😛 You can check out other details to Bollywood Park and Resorts here.
Ambiance: I kid you not, one of my most favourite decors ever! The place is so well lit, makes the food more appetising and enjoyable. I love the music, the tables and chairs. All in all a very lively and happy vibes out there. Place is also very clean and hygienic with cute table and wall accents. I love how the walls are covered with various famous movie posters and quotes, totally enamouring.
Service: The service is excellent. Not only with us – they treated all their customers with a lot of attention and kindness. I loved how lively they were 🙂
Pricing: I’m not going to sit here and lie saying the prices were good for the kind of food they presented us with. No. The quantity was comparatively lesser and thus the price at which the dishes were priced at seemed a little too much. But then again, this restaurant is located inside a theme park, the prices are bound to be this way.
What we had;
For drinks we started off with one of the best sellers – Jalapeño Watermelon Fresca [20AED]. This drink was quite delicious but just the fact that it was a bit spicy, I could not really stomach it that well. However, my friend liked the drink quite a lot. You need to build a taste for this drink as it is tad bit spicy.
For starters we had:
- Amar Akbar Anthony Cheese Baguettes [26AED]: These were your usual yummy cheese toasts topped with three kinds of bell peppers; red, yellow and green. This dish also came with plenty french fries and who does not love some hot and popping fries? This flat baguette bread was oven toasted and was super crunchy and soft at the same time. I completely enjoyed this starter.
- Yo Yo Honey Singh Chilli Mushrooms [28AED]: These mushrooms were so saucy – made in sesame and soy chilli sauce served in a noodle basket. I am not a fan of mushrooms so these button mushrooms were a little too big for me however I did enjoy the sauce! The fried noodle basket was super crunchy and delicious.
- Chicken Khurana [35AED]: Okay I need a minute here to actually tell you my experience eating this dish. This dish could hands down be my most favourite dish I indulged in Bol Gappa. Super spicy and flavour packed chicken – this is no doubt one of their best sellers. I cannot stress enough on the fact how you need to go and try out this dish. According to me, this could very well be even presented as a main course with some naans. This dish had boneless chicken pieces that were marinated with indian spices, deep fried and tossed in a spicy red masala – tempered with curry leaves and mustard seeds. Absolutely going back for this! ❤
Next, came main course:
- Chicken Dum Biryani [35AED]: Its not often when i’m served with some delicious, fragrant and full of masala biryani with generous pieces of chicken in it. Bol Gappa did us right this choice. We gobbled up the biryani as soon as it came to our table. With some raita and pickle on the side, we did not need anything other than this.
- Butter Chicken [39AED]: Do you like your butter chicken sweet or more on the spicier side? I personally love a hint of sweetness to my butter chicken and that is what Bol Gappa served me. It came so beautifully presented with a hearty amount of butter on top. The tomato based gravy was full flavours and was rich and tasted super authentic. We paired it with some butter naan and we were pleasantly happy.
- Pink Sauce Pasta [38AED]: We wanted to try something a bit different so we choose something off of their ‘Italy se aaya mera dost’ menu. You can pick the base sauce and the kind of pasta of your choice. We went for penne pasta with chicken in pink sauce. The pasta tasted truly authentic and not indo – italian pasta. The sauce was thick and toothsome. I would totally recommend their pastas to you. You can also add some shrimps if you desire.
Lastly, some desserts?
- Walnut Brownie [28AED]: Okay, so maybe the main course had our expectations sky rocketing as the desserts were not all that great. They were not bad, no. I just expected a little more. The walnut brownie(sizzling brownie dessert) delicious and decadent and it came along side some yummy vanilla ice cream! The disappointing bit in the dessert was the hot sauce that was poured on it. It tasted like diluted hershey’s syrup. Otherwise, the brownie in itself can be a dessert and I’m all gaga for it!!
- Carrot Spring Rolls [26AED]: Innovative way of serving carrot halwa with some vanilla ice cream on the side. The dessert was quite decent, not amazing and yet not terrible. I quite liked it, but I guess I’d have liked it more if it was carrot halwa in itself.
Final Verdict: While travelling to the restaurant, I did not have many expectations as I thought it was a low key cafe kind of place serving street side Mumbai food but it totally crossed my expectations. The food was so delicious and felt like home cooked. The service and vibes were completely mind blowing. I hope that I’d be in the vicinity soon enough to go here again!
loved; Chicken Khurana
not so much; Walnut Brownie
Reach them: Outside Bollywood Park, India Gate, Riverland, Dubai Park & Resorts, Jebel Ali Village, Dubai
Call them: 04 4573719
Ambience: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Service: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Pricing: ♦ ♦ ♦
Eating Experience: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Over All: ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦